The Utah Chapter of the Association for Women in Psychology hosts programming sessions on topics related to feminist multicultural advocacy, activism, research, and clinical practice.
2020-2021 Program Series: Dismantling White Supremacy from Within
Utah AWP will be hosting a series of conversations on anti-racism and dismantling white supremacy. Join us virtually on September 10th, 2020 from 7-8:15 pm for our first conversation on ethics and anti-racism. Future programming dates include 10/8/2020, 11/12/2020, 12/10/2020, 1/14/2021, 2/11/2021, 3/11/2021, 4/8/2021, and 5/13/2021.
All programs are free and open to the public. Due to COVID-19 health concerns, meetings will be held virtually until further notice.
SUGGEST A PRESENTATION
We would love to hear your suggestions on topics that would interest you! We welcome topics related to the intersection of social justice and mental health. If you are willing to present, or have a suggestion of a presenter, please contact us.
- May 14, 2020: Abuelita (Grandmother) Epistemology: A Reflexive Practice
- March 12, 2020: “We are here to triumph”: Latina/Hispanic women’s experiences with perinatal depression
- January 2020: Joint meeting with LGBT Affirmative Therapist Guild and Women in Private Practice, “How to be a Better Advocate for Transgender People.”
- November 14, 2019: How to be a Better Therapist & Advocate for Transgender People
- September 12, 2019: Wine & Cheese with Utah AWP
- Feminist Multicultural Therapy Panel (4/25/2019)
- Disrupting the Systems of Interpersonal & Sexual Violence Through Systemic Change (3/7/2019)
- Gender Creative Parenting (1/25/2019)
- Addressing the Normalization of Violence: Creating Communities of Healing (11/15/2018)
- Counseling People with Unplanned or Unwanted Pregnancy: Ethical Guidelines (9/20/2018)
- Engaging in Difficult Dialogues: Conversations for social change (5/18/2018)
- Multicultural Counseling Orientation: Learning how to orient ourselves towards our clients’ intersecting identities (2/23/2018)
- Suicide Prevention: Panel focused on working with LGBTQ+ individuals (1/26/2018)
- Islamophobia: Implications for clinical practice (11/17/2017)
- De-privileging Access to Resources: Working with Communities of Color in Utah (9/22/2017)
- Challenging Our Implicit Biases: Self Examination Practice in the Real World (6/9/2017)
- Art Therapy as a Safe and Effective Treatment for Trauma (3/24/2017)
- Queer Theory and You: the intersection of gender, race, and class (1/27/2017)
- Feminist Qualitative Research: power, relationship, and collaboration (11/18/2016)
- Treating Polyamorous and Other Consensually Non-Monogamous Individuals (9/16/2016)