It’s donation drive week, and that means that we will be posting daily to highlight the many reasons to support the Utah Association for Women in Psychology. Join us as we raise funds to provide scholarships to our national AWP conference. Our goal is to raise $3,000 over the next 7 days. We know that we can make this happen, and we will need your support.
So you need a reason to support the Utah Chapter of the Association for Women in Psychology? How about our incredible programming?! The Implementation Collective of Utah AWP volunteers countless hours to organize and facilitate quality programming. All programs are free and open to the public.
A few of our past programs include:
- Film screening of Orgasm, Inc.
- Feminist Approaches to Trauma Therapy with Melinda Pettingill and Mara Haight
- Panel discussion on Mormon Feminism
- Anti-discrimination Response Training with Irene Ota and McCall Izatt
- Panel on Inclusion in Action
- Community-Oriented Policing with Sgt. Charli Goodman
- Coaching and Psychotherapy with Lyn Christian
- Panel on Understanding our Perceptions of Disability
- Yoga and Psychotherapy with Lisa Mountain and Leslie Czerwinski
Upcoming sessions for the 2015-2016 programming year include:
- January 8, 2016 – Multicultural Counseling with Karen Tao
- March 11, 2016 – Well-Being of Women in Utah with Anne Burkholder
If you value the fabulous programming sessions Utah AWP offers, please support our continued efforts by becoming a member today. If you are already a member, you can still show your support by donating an amount that fits the value you find in Utah AWP. We need your support to continue offering a space for feminist practitioners to connect, learn, and grow. We might even throw in an incentive or two with your donation. So check out our donation drive page and make your donation today!